While we might be slightly biased, it’s hard to argue against the fact that the technology industry in Boston is booming. What’s even cooler is the aggregation of great start-ups and emerging companies that head south each year for SXSW. As I boarded the plane at Logan to Austin this morning, the excitement was unmistakable. Boston is bringing it to Austin this year.
Version 2.0 is thrilled to have a presence in Austin – both a physical one on-site as well as representation from several of our clients, including:
- Bryant McBride, CEO and co-founder for mobile video technology company Burst, will participate in the SXsports App Track demo and reception (Saturday, March 14 at 4:00 p.m. at the Four Seasons Hotel, 98 San Jacinto Boulevard, in the Four Seasons Ballroom Foyer located on the Lower Level)
- Melissa Tait, SVP of technology at digital agency Primacy with lead a Future15 session on How Cool Gadgets Can Save the World (Saturday, March 14, at 4:15 p.m. CT at the Austin Convention Center, Ballroom C)
- Mo Plassnig, CEO and co-founder of software development tool company Codeship, will be presenting on Stepping Outside Your Comfort Zone (Saturday, March 14 at 9:30 a.m. at the Hilton Austin Downtown, 500 E 4th St)
- Panos Panay, Founding managing director for Berklee’s Institute for Creative Entrepreneurship, will serve as a mentor during Speed Date Your Way to Massive Social Impact (Monday, March 16 at 9:00 a.m. in Trinity Hall, 311 E 5th St)
- Rick Harmon, CEO and Founder of Forward Market Media, will be on-site. Forward Market Media is a unique online ticketing solution that connects fans with the events, products and content they value most
For more Boston-based companies here at SXSW, check out BostInno’s round-up here: http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2015/02/21/sxsw-interactive-events-boston-startups-among-sxsw-speakers/
I’ll be bringing you updates on all things SXSW through Monday on the blog and on Twitter (make sure you’re following us at @v2comms and me at @Libby_V2), and if you’d like to connect while in Austin, please don’t hesitate to reach out at email@example.com.