When UiPath (NYSE: PATH) tapped V2 to serve as its PR agency of record in 2018, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) was still an emerging technology category with three major players aggressively competing for brand dominance. UiPath had a bold vision – to deliver a software robot for every person that would liberate the boundless potential for people – and big aspirations to achieve this vision quickly. Building awareness for the category and the role automation would play in transforming the way we work was of critical importance – as was establishing UiPath as the clear technology and market leader.
From the outset, V2 was clear that the PR program was about much more than just trumpeting UiPath’s technology platform; it was about building an iconic global brand that would have a lasting impact on business. This meant our program needed to focus on several key areas:
- Campaigns to showcase the many dimensions of the UiPath brand, including its charismatic management style, CSR and tech for good initiatives, customer adoption, unprecedented business/financial growth, and technology leadership and product innovation
- Rapid response to global trends, offering UiPath commentary and expertise on myriad automation, AI, ML, and digital transformation topics
- Third-party validation, independent research, and UiPath’s proprietary data to underscore the momentum for this emerging but fast-growing technology category
- Executive thought leadership and profile building with distinct targets for the CEO (e.g., CNBC, Tech Crunch Disrupt) and various subject matter experts (automation and AI tech events)
- And, of course, relationship building with the media who mattered most (business and broadcast outlets, technology press and trade publications)
Over the course of our relationship, there have been many pivotal PR moments for the company, including several financing rounds, global user events, major product launches and partnerships, and a recent IPO. For these, the foundational media relationships V2 built coupled with customized narrative development and story packaging have resulted in a quality and quantity of earned media coverage that has been unmatched by its closest competitors and new market entrants, including Microsoft.
Some highlights from our PR program include:
- Forbes cover story in Sept. 2019 by Alex Konrad profiling UiPath Founder and CEO Daniel Dines
- Consistent SoV leadership among competitive set and in targeted platinum media outlets; for example, UiPath owned 41% RPA SoV in North America—the highest of all five competitors—between April 2020-March 2021
- Top-tier technology and business award wins, including top placements on the Forbes AI 50, Forbes Cloud 100, Deloitte Fast 500, CNBC Disruptor 50, and FT America’s Fastest Growing Companies
- Speaking opportunities for the CEO at world-class technology events, including Fortune Brainstorm Tech, TechCrunch Sessions: SaaS, VentureBeat Transform, WSJ CIO Network Annual Meeting
- A successful debut on the NYSE in April 2021 and day-of broadcast interviews on CNBC, Yahoo! Finance, and Bloomberg TV
The marriage between UiPath and V2 is one of trust, similar work ethics, and “realness.” The teams’ shared energy to set big, hairy, audacious goals and push every day to meet them has helped shape UiPath as the tech trailblazer and iconic brand that it is now known as.