CarePort is a leading care coordination network in the U.S. that connects thousands of acute and post-acute healthcare providers. The company’s end-to-end platform enables healthcare professionals to coordinate patient care more effectively and track outcomes across the entire healthcare continuum.
Through its platform, CarePort had unique visibility into how COVID-19 presented and evolved across various patient populations, as well as how the virus was being managed by health systems throughout the country. And while the company saw tremendous opportunity to share this data on a national stage, it lacked the brand visibility needed to reach all those who could benefit from its data.
CarePort engaged V2 Communications in March 2020 to communicate important insights from its care coordination data to illuminate key trends and messages. More broadly, CarePort’s goals were to increase brand awareness, showcase the power of its care coordination platform, and position the company and its executives as thought leaders on critical industry issues and trends.
As its strategic communications partner, V2 created a plan that would enable CarePort to cut through a chaotic media landscape and position the care coordination company as a trusted player in the rapidly-evolving healthcare market. V2’s multi-faceted plan hinged on the following strategies:
- Leverage proprietary data to offer pointed views on care trends within acute and post-acute settings
- Cultivate third-party CarePort champions (influencers, customers) to validate and extend the reach of key messages related to market trends, challenges, and opportunities
- Position Lissy Hu, CEO and founder, as the face of CarePort, highlighting her founding story, market vision, and expert views on industry issues and trends
By collaborating closely with the CarePort team and adapting to the dynamic media landscape during the early stages of the pandemic, V2 was able to secure significant coverage for the care coordination company in both health care and national mainstream publications. During the most uncertain periods of the pandemic – from March 2020 to Jan. 2021 – V2’s efforts yielded:
- 151 placements in total, including 17 in national outlets
- Media coverage in leading publications, including The Washington Post, The New York Times, Bloomberg, and The Wall Street Journal
- 23 briefings overall with national media and 44 briefings related specifically to CarePort’s data and thought leadership initiatives